The Misfit Atom 4×5.65″ / 4×4″ Ultra Lightweight 2-Stage Clip-On Matte Box from Bright Tangerine is a small, lightweight yet strong, clamp-on matte box for lenses with an outer diameter of up to 114mm. It holds up to two 4×4 or 4×5.65″ filters without using filter trays, and it provides a wide field of view suitable for many wide-angle lenses even with two filters mounted.
The removable flexible hood is built to hold its shape over time, even in temperature extremes. The matte box with hood weighs in at under 7 ounces, only 3.5 ounces without the hood. This makes the matte box suitable for use with gimbals and Steadicams, and the removable hood makes the matte box an excellent choice for aerial shooting.
Made of aluminum, stainless steel, and an elasto polymer, the Misfit Atom is designed to be extremely strong and lightweigt. It clamps on lenses with an outer diameter of 114mm, or smaller if you use step up adapter rings, not included. To prevent the matte box from rotating while you focus or zoom, be certain to use lenses with an internal focus design.
You can securely insert up to two 4×4″, 4×5.65″, or a combination of those filters directly into the matte box without using a filter tray. A spring-loaded clamp at the top of the matte box secures the filters so they will not fall out unexpectedly.
The Misfit Atom supports shooting with wide-angle lenses such as the Cooke 14mm and RED Pro Zooms at 5K
The Bright Tangerine Misfit Atom 15mm LWS Kit includes the following items:
- Misfit ATOM Ultra Lightweight 2-Stage Mattebox – 4 x 5.65 / 4 x 4, 114mm Clamp-on (B1230.1007)
- Misfit Atom Anti-Reflective Filter Tilt Bracket (B1230.1008)
- Misfit / Misfit ATOM 15mm LWS Bracket Attachment (B1230.1005)
- 15mm LWS Bracket (B1210.1007)
The Misfit Atom core is incredibly durable and lightweight, specifically designed for use with gimbals and Steadicam. The frame itself weighs in at 0.2 lb (98 g), and adding the elasto-polymer shade brings it up to just ~0.4 lb (~195 g). The frame can hold up to (2) 4″ x 5.65″ or 4″ x 4″ filters, or a combination of both. This mattebox features a 114mm clamp, and is compatible with smaller lens outer diameters thanks to a range of adapters (sold separately).
The A.R.F. (Anti-Reflective Filter) Tilt Bracket enables the user to tilt filters by up to 6° to avoid unwanted reflections and provide total flare control. Despite being extremely compact, the mattebox features a wide field of view, covering up to a 14mm Cooke with multiple filter stages and RED Pro Zooms at 5K. The frame is constructed from precision-cut and hard anodized aluminum, elasto-polymer, and stainless steel.
- Ultra-lightweight, fully-functional 114mm clamp-on mattebox
- 15mm LWS bracket for lightweight rod configuration
- Holds up to (2) 4″ x 5.65″ or 4″ x 4″ filters, or a combination of both
- Fits smaller lens outer diameters with adapters (sold separately)
- A.R.F. (Anti-Reflective Filter) Tilt Bracket provides up to 6° tilt for superior reflection and flare control
- Constructed from precision-cut and hard anodized aluminium, elasto-polymer, and stainless steel